Dec 8, 2021 - AGM and Bead Activity
We continue to meet virtually via Zoom. TBS members will be sent the link via email the week of the presentation.
2021 Annual General Meeting
- Call to order
- Vote to approve 2020 AGM Minutes
- Steering Committe report
- Treasurer’s report
- Nominations & vote for Steering Committee
- Closing remarks
- Vote to adjourn
This year's project is: 3D Bells
Instructor: Marilyn Parker
Don't Forget to Renew your Membership
Thank you to all our members who have stuck with us during these uncertain times. We will continue to meet via Zoom but we are hoping to resume live meetings when it is safe to do so. The 2022 TBS membership year will run from Jan. to Dec. at the same rate of $50. You can join on-line or by mail. Follow the link to our About Us page to see all the benefits of joining the Toronto Bead Society!
Become a member of the Toronto Bead Society.
The TBS Bag of Beads Challenge Socially Distant Edition
It's time for the Bag of Beads Challenge. We would like to mail the bead kit for our December meeting project in the same package, so please order your Bag of Beads by November 14th. Read on to find out more.
What's in the TBS Bag of Beads Challenge?
You will find out when you receive your bag in the mail in December. All we can tell you is that we will include (but not be limited to) small beads, larger beads maybe some crystals, perhaps some semi-precious stones, and most importantly a "stumper". What's a stumper? It is an oh-so-frustrating item that has no hole, is definitely not a bead, and makes you think in new and creative ways about your beading.
How does the Bag of Beads Challenge work?
- Step 2.
- Wait patiently until December to receive your bag.
- Step 3.
- Create your design during December and January (see rules below). It does not have to be a piece of jewellery, it can be anything!
- Step 4.
- Show your work at the February TBS meeting, finished or not. You can tell us your inspiration, the techniques used and what you learned from the experience! Then marvel at the incredible variety of interpretations of the TBS Bag of Beads Challenge by members.
There are only three rules:
- You must use at least ONE of everything in the bag (including the stumper).
- You can add anything you like: beads, wire, shells, kitchen sink, or any other thing you want to add.
- Bring your work to the meeting in February, finished or not, to share with everyone
If you are a beginner and a bit intimidated by the challenge, remember one thing, EVERYONE who has participated in this challenge was a BEGINNER at one time. This is a fun opportunity to challenge yourself, and just maybe surprise yourself!
Remember, there are only a limited number of bags available!
Take a look at what members did in previous years: Bead Challenge Galleries.
Photos Photos Photos
A big Thank you goes out to all our past, present and future photographers!
Thank you to all the people who brought in their work. See your photos below!
View the full TBS Photo Gallery.
|Wed Dec 08 @ 7:00PM |
TBS Meeting: Annual General Meeting and Beading Activity
|Wed Jan 12 @ 7:00PM |
TBS Meeting: Bead-In
|Sun Jan 16 @ 1:00PM ** Special Time **|
TBS Meeting: Floor Kaspers