From September to June, the Toronto Bead Society usually meets on the second Wednesday of every month at Hazelton Place Retirement Residence at 111 Avenue Road (a few blocks north of Bloor Street). Please check our Meeting Schedule for actual dates.
If you like to learn, look and talk about beads, we invite you to join our society.
Dec 11, 2019 - Holiday Make-and-Take
Please join us at the December Holiday Social, Make and Take meeting. We will continue the tradition of bringing holiday treats to share with the group, and like last year, we will have a holiday themed Make and Take for the entire group. There is no charge for Make and Take kits for TBS members.
We have a member with serious nut allergies, so please do not bring any food containing nuts.
- Sweet or savoury treats. Please ensure treats are nut free.
- Lighting and Magnification as needed
- Round nose pliers if you have them
Also at this meeting:
- Bag of Beads Kits Distribution
The TBS Bag of Beads Challenge is back!
What's in the TBS Bag of Beads Challenge?
We will find out at the December meeting when the Bags are handed out. All we can tell you is that we will include (but not be limited to) small beads, larger beads maybe some crystals, perhaps some semi-precious stones, and most importantly a "stumper". What's a stumper? It is an oh-so-frustrating item that has no hole, is definitely not a bead, and makes you think in new and creative ways about your beading.
How does the Bag of Beads Challenge work?
- Sign up at the November TBS meeting. The cost is $10 per bag. You can always pay when you pick up your bag in December, but there are limited bags available!
- Step 2.
- Come to the December meeting to pick up your bag.
- Step 3.
- Create your design during December and January (see rules below). It does not have to be a piece of jewellery, it can be anything!
- Step 4.
- Bring your work to the February TBS meeting, finished or not, to share with everyone. No speeches necessary! Just prepare a little card outlining your inspiration, the techniques used and what you learned from the experience! Then marvel at the incredible variety of interpretations of the TBS Bag of Beads Challenge by members.
There are only three rules:
- You must use at least ONE of everything in the bag (including the stumper).
- You can add anything you like: beads, wire, shells, kitchen sink, or any other thing you want to add.
- Bring your work to the meeting in February, finished or not, to share with everyone
If you are a beginner and a bit intimidated by the challenge, remember one thing, EVERYONE who has participated in this challenge was a BEGINNER at one time. This is a fun opportunity to challenge yourself, and just maybe surprise yourself!
Remember, there are only a limited number of bags available!
Take a look at what members did in previous years: Bead Challenge Galleries.
Photos Photos Photos
A big Thank you goes out to all our past, present and future photographers!
Thank you to all the people who brought in their work. See your photos below!
View the full TBS Photo Gallery.
|Wed Dec 11 @ 7:00PM |
TBS Meeting: Holiday Make-and-Take
|Wed Jan 08 @ 7:00PM |
TBS Meeting: Eve Townsend