Formed in 1994, the Toronto Bead Society (TBS) is a volunteer group of people who share an abiding love of, and enthusiasm for, beads, beadwork, and related jewellery-making skills.
Why Join the Toronto Bead Society? There’re many reasons!
Meet great people who love to talk about beads!
Yes – we understand the addiction - and share the joy!
Wait – there’s more - Here’s what you get as a TBS member:
- Entry to all monthly meetings
- We meet monthly at Hazelton Place Retirement Residence at 111 Avenue Road (a few blocks north of Bloor Street).
- The second Wednesday of every month from 7 to 9 pm.
- Meetings are every month from September to June, with no meetings in July and August.
- Advance notice of registrations for special meetings and events
- Sign up early for the Bead Fair tables (which sell out quickly)
- Sign up and get first pick of classes on technique nights (twice a year)
- Sign up early for Bag o' beads challenge. A terrific event held each year where each member pays $10 to received a selection of beads and has 2 months to "make something" using at least one of each bead type in the bag. Great fun to see everyone efforts 2 months later.
- Sign up early for classes by special guest artists – usually once per year the TBS invites an international bead artist to teach in Toronto.
- Discounts at numerous local stores and on-line suppliers
- The list is growing – lots of local bead vendors welcome your business with discounts to members. Check the Member Discounts page and, next time you shop, ask if the merchant gives a discount to TBS members.
- Carry your membership card for the discount.
- Sales space at a monthly meeting
- You can have ½ a table in the “Marketplace” area at designated TBS meetings to sell supplies, jewellery and related materials.
- No charge, first come, as space is available.
- Link from the TBS website
- If you have a bead-related website you would like to promote to members (or the world) you can have a listing on the Member Links page.
- Garage Sale meeting in June
- Members only meeting
- Participate in the "Garage Sale" and sell your "bead related mistakes and miscalculations" (or anything bead related)!
- Yummy food too!
- Show your work in the Bead Gallery on the TBS website.
- Members can have up to 3 images in the various photo galleries. Just send them in to the Webteam.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Make a difference in the life a budding beader!
- Make friends and help out as a volunteer - you will learn lots!