Yes! There will be a Bag of Beads Challenge this year. We will mail the bags. Read on to find out more.
What's in the TBS Bag of Beads Challenge?
You will find out when you receive your bag in the mail in December. All we can tell you is that we will include (but not be limited to) small beads, larger beads maybe some crystals, perhaps some semi-precious stones, and most importantly a "stumper". What's a stumper? It is an oh-so-frustrating item that has no hole, is definitely not a bead, and makes you think in new and creative ways about your beading.
How does the Bag of Beads Challenge work?
- Sign up here. The cost is $10 per bag. Shipping is included (Canada only). Please make sure the correct shipping address is provided with the payment on the paypal form. Please Note: If you paid for Techniques night last March, you can choose to apply the class fee towards the Bag-of-Beads Challenge. More info
- Step 2.
- Wait patiently until December to receive your bag.
- Step 3.
- Create your design during December and January (see rules below). It does not have to be a piece of jewellery, it can be anything!
- Step 4.
- Show your work at the February TBS meeting, finished or not. You can tell us your inspiration, the techniques used and what you learned from the experience! Then marvel at the incredible variety of interpretations of the TBS Bag of Beads Challenge by members.
There are only three rules:
- You must use at least ONE of everything in the bag (including the stumper).
- You can add anything you like: beads, wire, shells, kitchen sink, or any other thing you want to add.
- Bring your work to the meeting in February, finished or not, to share with everyone
If you are a beginner and a bit intimidated by the challenge, remember one thing, EVERYONE who has participated in this challenge was a BEGINNER at one time. This is a fun opportunity to challenge yourself, and just maybe surprise yourself!
Remember, there are only a limited number of bags available!
Take a look at what members did in previous years: Bead Challenge Galleries.